The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder has a weekly waste collection for residential and commercial properties, and a fortnightly recycling collection service for residential properties only, through the contractor Cleanaway.

Both services use 240-litre mobile garbage bins:

  •  Green bins for refuse and waste
  •  Blue bins for recycling.
When is my bin day?
Use our handy link to look up your property and see what day your bin and recycle bin will be collected.

Collection times may vary, so place your garbage and recycling bins the kerb by 6 am on the day of collection. They must be 80 cm apart, with handles facing the property and the lid opening towards the road. Avoid placement near trees or parked cars.

If your bin has been missed in the collection round, please contact Cleanaway on 9091 5686.
Bin repairs, requests and replacements
Broken 'green rubbish bins' and 'blue recycling bins' can be reported directly to Cleanaway on 9091 5686.

If you would like to request a bin for a new property, change your current service, or replace a stolen / absent bin, please download and submit a Bin Service Request Form. Please note, this document must be signed for requests to be processed. 

There is a fee for replacing whole bins, for the current cost please refer to our schedule of fees and charges.
Waste bin collection tips
Please do not overload the bins. The lids must be able to close, to prevent flies from breeding, and the bins must not weigh more than 70 kg otherwise the trucks may not be able to empty them.

To get the most from your bin collection service:
  •  Wrap moist and perishable foods in newspaper.
  •  Freeze smelly foods such as seafood until the night before collection.
  •  Store your bin in a shaded area.
  •  Clean your bin regularly using hot soapy water.

Items that can’t be placed in your green rubbish bin:

Please don’t place the following items in your kerbside rubbish bin:
  •  Hot ashes
  •  Flammable liquids
  •  Oil
  •  Paint
  •  Solvents
  •  Tyres
  •  Syringes and needles
  •  Timber pieces
  •  Steel
  •  Rubble
  •  Bricks
  •  Concrete
  • Gas bottles
  • Fire extinguishers
Businesses that require bulk refuse collection should contact a commercial operator, who will charge for the service.

Gas cylinders (gas bottles and fire extinguishers)
The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder offers each resident a free bulk bin service. This has replaced the community bin service.

Bulk bins, also known as skips, are for transporting large solid waste products, and not for recycling. This service is for residential use only, and businesses should hire commercial waste companies directly. Each residential property is allocated 1 bin service per financial year

The bins can be used to dispose of the following:

  • Furniture
  • Scrap metal
  • Garden waste
  • Electrical appliances
  • General household waste
  • Wood

The following materials should not be placed in a bulk bin:

  • Asbestos
  • Chemical products
  • Car parts, batteries and tyres
  • Hazardous materials (such as volatile liquids, medical waste, or explosives)
  • Building materials (such as bricks, sand, rubble, or concrete)—only domestic quantities will be accepted
  • Oil-filled heaters
  • Gas cylinders
Each residential property is allocated 1 bin service per year, and there are 50 bins available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Each bin will remain on the property for 1 week.

An additional free bulk bin can be requested per year, but such requests will be placed on a waiting list and subject to availability.

Goldfields Builders Hire has been contracted to provide this service, you can book your free bulk bin by contacting Goldfields Builders Hire on (08) 9091 5430.