Identified a community need? Have you got some great ideas to engage with the wider Kalgoorlie-Boulder community?
Identify your objective and key measureable outcomes. Have a vision of what you’re trying to achieve – let this drive your direction.
: Who is your event catering for? Keep this at the forefront of decision making.
Identify stakeholders, does your event have a common association with local agencies / businesses? Get them involved.
Commit to a budget. Identify funding opportunities through agencies and corporate bodies. Partnerships are the key to success.
Identify your brand and tailor this to audience appeal. The right marketing with capture your desired audience.
6. Contracts and suppliers:
Understand what you need to produce the event and negotiate contracts with reputable suppliers who understand your requirements.
7. Environmental Health:
The City’s Environmental health team will be impartial to your large scale community event success. They will inspect and provide you with a certificate of approval in order to operate. Documentation and details are required for assessment 30 days prior to your event, see below checklist:
- Detailed site plan and layout
- Details of fire services, emergency lighting and exit signs, location of exits.
- Design specification and certified engineer details of any infrastructure such as marquees and tent.
- The proposed / expected number of people attending event
- Start date / times of the event
- Emergency response procedures / Risk Management Plan
- Certificate of Electrical Compliance.
- Public Indemnity Insurance
- Details of toilet numbers and cleaning arrangements
- Provisions for Disabled access
- Security and crowd control measures
- Details of Parking and traffic management arrangements
- First aid facilities and provisions
- Contact details Food and beverage outlets at the event.
- Notification of alcohol is to be provided or sold at the event
- Waste management, how will rubbish be stored, removed or cleaned?
- Information regarding the use of the sound / speaker systems.
- Entertainment details
- Key contact personnel
- Application to construct, extend of alter a public building
- Application for certificate of approval
- A certificate of electrical compliance.
- Conduct post event surveys to measure success against identified objective.
- Produce a post event report to assist with planning for your next event touching on all the above elements.