The City’s ‘Buy Local’ Strategy is aimed at recognising the contribution that local businesses make in building a stronger Kalgoorlie-Boulder. The strategy outlines how the City will assist and partner with local businesses and industry bodies to impact positively on local purchasing and to encourage and support local employment opportunities.
The vision is the have strong local businesses employing people that live in Kalgoorlie-Boulder, creating new jobs and generating economic growth.
The key goals are to;
- Support and help to develop sustainable and profitable local businesses
- Maximise the local provision of goods and services regularly required by residents and business
- Foster collaboration among businesses in procurement, market supply, marketing and freight
- Developing a strong retail sector and a vibrant CBD in both Kalgoorlie and Boulder
The City’s commitment to the local business community is further supported by our Small Business Friendly Charter. This initiative, developed by the Small Business Development Corporation, recognises City’s work towards, ‘better practice’ in engaging with our small business community.
The key commitments are to;
- Work to further enhance customer service
- Make small business payments within 30 days
- Have a process to handle concerns and disputes
- Investigate and introduce activities to improve the operating environment for small businesses in Kalgoorlie-Boulder and;
- Work closely with the Kalgoorlie-Boulder Chamber of Commerce and Industry to support and promote local small businesses